ExpanDrive Feature Requests

We’re looking for some feedback on what users want to see from ExpanDrive. Add an idea, or vote on one already listed.

I would love if ExpanDrive ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. non-user sync: cloud-2-cloud transfer

I need a reliable way to sync my various cloud storage accounts across cloud servers instead of across my user computer. I want to sync certain folders from one cloud service to another and not have to drag the files across my desktop each time, so that I don't have to use my local computer to transfer. So, one of my cloud server accounts connects to another cloud server account via the interwebs and they transfer directly (something like multcloud, but with a local user software module). I could then keep multiple cloud storage accounts synced and share said folders…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can work with Davros & Sandstorm

Hi there! First of all, thanks for making this excellent WebDAV client. ExpanDrive works great with ownCloud.

Recently, I'm testing a self-hosted WebDAV server called Davros [1] which runs on the Sandstorm web app platform [2]. The idea that new WebDAV shares can be created in a few clicks is very exciting.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get ExpanDrive to connect to Davros. Logs indicate an exception was raised in _ssl.c [3]

[1] https://apps.sandstorm.io/app/8aspz4sfjnp8u89000mh2v1xrdyx97ytn8hq71mdzv4p4d8n0n3h
    [2] https://sandstorm.io/
    [3] Full error log: https://zero-gigabit.rhcloud.com/?2687e908bb51f7a5#Dii9InT1yK9uUQASlXnhvk2L3UjsWr5uL8k4VgeW69w=

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Support FTP connection to a FreeBox (FTPES)

Support the connexion to an external FreeBox whit FTPES connexion whit certificat from let's encrypt
    It's possible this type of connexion can be used for other services

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. respected tenant name in openstack settings

Right now it appears to always use AUTH_<username> as the tenant, instead of respecting the tenant explicitly listed in settings. It also gives no errors on invalid credentials.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. had support actually accessible via email

(I can only see a CloudFlare protection page no matter which browser I use)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to create a connection with the "expan" command line

I frequently use this for sshfs connections. It would be really nice to be able to have a syntax like:

expan create ssh servername.domain

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Is dropbox/google-drive likely to make expandrive break in the near future? (deliberately or not?)

Please setup an easily found FAQ that includes questions like these:

Is dropbox/google-drive likely to make expandrive break in the near future? (deliberately or not?) Is there any reason they might not like what expandrive is doing?

What is your relationship, if any, with Google, Dropbox, etc?

If none, then what happens if/when google/dropbox start blocking apps like expandrive from accessing server space? Have you asked for or ever gotten any assurances from Dropbox, Google-drive and others that they are ok with what exandrive is doing?

For example, Dropbox in the past has repeatedly blocked various apps that let two…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Had a reliable file/folder refresh

Here we are with version 5, and refresh still not working with SFTP (using mac yosemite)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Amazon Cloud Drive support files naming in other language

People from different country would naming their directories or files in their native language. For example, I upload some files in Traditional Chinese, and the Amazon's web management shows those files correctly, however, those files are not shown when mount cloud drive with ExpanDrive. which is a very big issue for me to consider buy an official license. ( Still try and look any possible 3rd part solution with ACD )

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. sync folders to expanDrive Locations regularly

I'd love it if I could sync files off my mac to the ExpanDrive folder so that unlike dropbox or google drive they don't stay on my machine and take up double the space but they still regularly keep in sync. I tried using rsync and it thinks all the files are new when they aren't the meta data doesn't get downloaded the whole file has to download. I think meta data should remain local and then the speed of Expan Drive would also improve.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adopt the concept of an enterprise password

Here at work we have to change our password every 6 months, and when that time comes I have to go into ExpanDrive and tediously change all my connection passwords from the old to the new. It's highly repetitive and it's a hassle that could be easily overcome by just storing the enterprise password in one place within ExpanDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve encryption support for SFTP

Right now the client will fail when connecting to a server that has a hardened configuration. Per this document. https://stribika.github.io/2015/01/04/secure-secure-shell.html

The error is:

> no matching mac found: client hmac-sha1,hmac-md5,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5-96 server

Please add support ffor stronger hmac algorithms. Please also review and add support for stronger key exchange, and symmetric ciphers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Skip files that fail

Mostly using oneDrive it gets stuck while transferring files.

This is ofc an error by itself, but i blame microsoft for this. however, instead of just keep trying to upload this file. skip and go to the next one, and then maybe go back and try again later. This way i don't have to babysit it when i have to upload bit amounts of data.

Maybe also, in relation. make a nice interface to handle thees errors, because mostly the files it cannot transfer i don't need anyway and it's tedious to go to the log to figure out which…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copy.com folders are sometimes empty

While ExpanDrive does support copy.com, I've noticed that some of my folders are totally empty. I'm not really sure what's going on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mount a zip file

Mount a zip file for read and write to a drive letter. This would make local development much easier as there would not be so many files...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MEGA support for ExpanDrive

I would like to see MEGA be supported by ExpanDrive

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Atomic File Saves

I'd like to see the option for atomic file saves (if not already implemented or in the works), particularly as ExpanDrive is primarily used with network-based storage.

Useful to ensure that files don't get corrupted if an upload is disconnected halfway, or if an editor attempts to load a file midway through the relatively slower (compared to local disc) upload process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. support replied after paying for program

Got this great email from Jeff asking for feedback when using the demo. Program worked great on AWS S3 with Sublime Text 2 and so I bought it. Then I tried to get a connection to work with Ubuntu running on EC2 and it doesn't work. Contacted support multiple times and 6 months later no repose. PuTTY and WinSCP both work fine and cost nothing. I followed the setup steps but when I enter the passphrase for my key the UI says changes to "Connected" and then a pop-up "expandrivedw.exe has stopped working"

Paid for the lifetime subscription, but even…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Service-specific drive icons

A Google icon for Google Drive, a Box icon for a Box drive, etc. Would make them easier to recognize for me.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

ExpanDrive Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base