I would love if ExpanDrive ...

local cache of remote data for offline use.

177 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CarstenCarsten commented  · 

Any release date available? Tested the trial, but this feature was missing.

• ClaytonClayton commented  · 

Would like this available but off by default and the option removable from user choice for mass deployment purposes.

• StefanStefan commented  · 

Would be great if you could choose what cached files to be placed.
        The same goes for cash, up and download.
        Today, you can not upload large amounts of data if you do not have as much free on your main disk, which causes problems for backup or large amounts of data.

Another thing is the indexing of the files that takes forever.
        Especially at a magento job, a store may have 2-500000 files to be transferred.

• JimJim commented  · 

I think this was added in v5, and now my hard disk has disappeared. 20, 30, 35GB of space for a feature I don't believe I need, with no UI-based controls to turn it off or throttle it. Any pointers to a discussion on how this works, or how to safely remove the files without putting a db and a file system out of sync?

• MattMatt commented  · 

Is there any update on when this feature might make an appearance? Its the one thing holding me off making a purchase of your otherwise excellent software. I don't want to pay for it now and then have to also pay the upgrade when the v5 comes along presumably this year.

• RossRoss commented  · 

This is something I would also like to see, at the moment if I for example throw some of my Visio stencils on my ExpanDrive it effectively makes Visio unusable as it freaks out trying to grab everything. I was hoping at it would only occur the first time they are opened but it seems to trash it regardless.

• Martin N.Martin N. commented  · 

was most disappointed to see this wasn't there prior to purchasing ExpanDrive - this is my top request. Google does it with their client, so does DropBox... no reason why it shouldn't be done w/Expandrive.

• Jeffrey KesselmanJeffrey Kesselman commented  · 

This is the killer feature for me. I need to be able to mark folders as locally shadowed for offline use.

• Bazyli BrzóskaBazyli Brzóska commented  · 

Would be great if it's possible to cache select files or directories only. It should be able to sync and do version-diffing though when cached.

• Jesse DenardoJesse Denardo commented  · 

This would be fantastic for me, as my internet connection is not always reliable. Ideally, this would be an option to turn on or off.

• william JEANwilliam JEAN commented  · 

That's a great functionality
        like webdrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base