I would love if ExpanDrive ...

On the mac being able to mount SMB drives and AFP drives as well

I would like to use expandrive for all my mounts. Now I find myself switching between expandrive and the finder to mount my volumes.

238 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fred AppelmanFred Appelman shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan GetmanDan Getman commented  · 

Ditto on SMB. Would love to see this feature added.

• ZoLOZoLO commented  · 

Really would love this feature!

Having SMB/NFS/AFP connections in local networks and SAME connections via WebDav/SFTP when remote.. (just for example: having iTunes Lib on a NAS) Actually, WebDav/SFTP sometimes drop connection and iTunes Lib gets lost - quite unentertaining with 35k of Tracks..)

• Christopher HattonChristopher Hatton commented  · 

Came to UserVoice to add this; I have several mounts my home NAS which I would really like to managed through ExpanDrive. Expandrive should support the native 'Server Connection' types in OS-X i.e. SMB, NFS, AFS.

• Tim WilsonTim Wilson commented  · 

For Mac-Mac connections, SSH is just as fast and more secure than AFP. While it may be more complicated to setup for first use, once you've done that it's just as fast as any other type of connection in ExpanDrive. SMB would be nice, but is AFP really necessary?

• JamesJames commented  · 

I would expect this to be an easy win since it's built into the Mac and you're just making it more convenient for us. Here's hoping to see it added to the "working on" list

Any word on this request?

• RogerRoger commented  · 

This would be VERY useful to me!

+1 to this -- only reason I haven't purchased yet

• Anonymous commented  · 

Getting a network share to re-mount on a Mac after reboot has been the bane of my IT existence at our studio. Our company would buy copies of Expandrive for *every Mac in our company* if it gets this feature. Wanted DESPERATELY.

• Lars RibeLars Ribe commented  · 

Especially when Apples SMB client against Windows servers are so crappy!

Feedback and Knowledge Base