I would love if ExpanDrive ...

Ability to change the location of the local cache directory for file uploads...

Currently if I copy over 500GB of data from my local storage server to OneDrive, the SSD on my local system fills up with the cache of files waiting to be uploaded. It would be nice if I could set the location of that cache to be another drive/directory.

78 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Me commented  · 

Do we even need cache? This is a network drive and not sync. Should be just like copying files to a usb drive.
        Having a local copy or creating a duplicate should be optional not mandatory.

• Mario Amatucci commented  · 

use total commander... secel all the files to move... use pause and clean the AppData\Local\ExpanDrive from time to time when the upload is done and unpasue.. it sucks but that's it for now

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is a SHOW STOPPER as I CAN NOT use this on my laptop due to Drive C: limitations. If I could specify another drive, then I could also increase the cache size. Please add this feature with the ability to specify cache size. Thanks

• Ian Nock commented  · 

It is not just because of upload storage. Now we have local offline caching it would be ideal if we could specify where the cache used for Expandrive is located as it would be ideal on small SSD based devices (like most 2 in 1s) to relocate it to a secondary drive, such as that provided by a MicroSD card.

• teh g commented  · 

Resurrecting an older one, but adding the ability to configure how large the cache is would be a nice feature too.

• Dario D'Alessandro commented  · 

I have the same issue. I don't need Expandrive without this feature.

• Pedro P. Polakoff III commented  · 

This is actually a HUGE issue for me as forcing the cache into %userprofile%\appdata has already caused two of my systems to crash! The cache location MUST BE CONFIGURABLE, if not then allow us to turn of the cache so we don't keep losing precious drive space when we're copying or moving files into the cloud.

• Clive LUMB commented  · 

I woiuld like to plus 1 this.
        I have 250 GB of photos to upload to the cloud and only 70GB free on my system (SSD) drive. I am having to do syncs in batches rather than just letting my backup software rip on the whole lot.

Feedback and Knowledge Base